Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Adventure Begins!

Woo hoo! I made it! It’s my third full day and it’s been nothing but excitement and fun since I’ve arrived. I’ve experienced a lot of firsts these last few days but they’ve all been good. :)


Alright so after arriving we were assigned rooms and roommates. My lovely new roommate is Christina, she goes to Florida State and is majoring in Computer Science and Japanese, which is awesome because she is able to communicate well with the locals and has even taught me a few phrases! Our rooms are small, basically boxes with beds in them. Reminds me a lot of my dorm freshman year. Anyways we also have two weeks of training before kids show up which means lots of free time. Monday was pretty much spent wondering the base and getting to know the area. Tuesday we were taken off base to a local mall-like area called American Village to shop and see a bit of Okinawa. One of the highlights was a fish pedicure. We paid 5 yen to put our bare feet in a pool full of little fish that ate the dead skin off of our feet. It was totally gross! Haha but fun and ticklish too, and I have to admit those fish do their job well, my feet have never felt so clean! Today (Wednesday) we had a military newcomer orientation and were assigned our weeks for programming. My partner for programming is Faviola and we are doing world celebration week. This means we have to plan posters, activities, clubs everything for the entire week. Should be fun!

Oh and we’ve decided on a fish theme for camp names! I’m Ms. Sardine!

No comments:

Post a Comment