Saturday, June 12, 2010

Friends and family! I've officially been in Japan for a whole week! woo hoo! It was a busy week but it went very very fast. Today I started the morning with our songfest, where we went to a beach (thankfully not in uniform) to practice all of our camp songs. We did it in public so all of the locals and military families around got a good glimpse at what we are about. haha After that we went to the beach where I got decently sun burned and then to the mall for shopping! I got mom some beautiful fabric :) and a delicious ice cream cone for myself. Everything here is so cute and pretty, its hard not to want to buy everything, but I've always been more of a saver anyways so my money should last me for the summer...hopefully ;) Tonight some girls and I are going to go to a local karyoke bar, not sure if we will actually sing or not, but we are going to check it out. Not sure what I'll be doing tommorrow, definitely sleeping in (which means waking up at 6:30-7) and exploring more of the local town area. This next week will be all orientation stuff so not too much playing and then the week after we will be working with the kids. Its official that i'll be working with day camp not the child developement center. So thats pretty exciting. I've made a lot of great friends and I'm sure that as a camp we will all grow even closer as the summer goes on. Miss you all! Love you! <3

1 comment:

  1. So how was karaoke?! Did you show off your awesome singing skillz for everyone?! LOL

    ReplyDelete